Oh, the characters are walking amongst us. Look out!
For this tour the author is supposed to talk about a new Work In Progress or released book. I am going to talk about GOD WHISPERER.
1) What is the name of your character? Is he/she fictional or a historic person?
Lonnie Hogan is fictional, but many of her emotions about being a mother of a child with a disability are pretty close to being real. I’ve felt many of the same emotions.
2) When and where is the story set?
GOD WHISPERER is present time in a small Danish village in California called Solberg.
3) What should we know about him/her?
Lonnie has some pretty big secrets (hopefully, some the reader won’t see coming). She is running from her dangerous past and is only concerned about protecting her son and trying to give him a normal life.
4) What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life?
Lonnie is hiding from a bad guy who has been chasing her for years. Imagine how hard it would be to change your name, fall off the grid, and bury yourself deep into a small town where you don’t know a soul. Oh, and then think how scary it would be to believe doctors botched your little boy’s surgery because he now thinks he can hear God. And people around you are starting to believe it too which brings the paparazzi out of the woodwork.
5) What is the personal goal of the character?
To give her son the most “normal” life possible.
6) Is there a title for this novel, and can we read more about it?
GOD WHISPERER was just released by Astraea Press.
7) When can we expect the book to be published?
Now, people! Please go pick up your copy.
10% of author royalties donated to the American Society for Deaf Children
The next authors to continue this character tour next week are: